Question: Does my auto insurance policy cover flood damage?
Answer :
Most likely, it does. Physical damage to your automobile from flooding is covered by the other-than-collision (comprehensive) portion of your personal auto insurance policy, so your insurance should cover repairs once you satisfy any deductible that applies. Other-than-collision coverage is optional, however, so check your policy to make sure you're protected.

If your car has been involved in a flood, have your mechanic examine it thoroughly before you attempt to drive it. Even a car that looks unharmed may have sustained hidden damage to the engine, transmission, or electrical system. Ask your mechanic for a written repair estimate, and file a claim with your insurance company or agent right away.