Question: Another driver smashed my car, but he doesn't have insurance. How am I going to pay for the repairs?
Answer :
If you have the right coverage, your auto insurance should cover the repairs to your car, as well as any injuries you or your passengers may have received. In general, to be fully covered for an accident with an uninsured motorist, you'll need to have both uninsured motorist coverage, which may be optional in your state, and collision coverage.

Uninsured motorist coverage will insure against any bodily injury that you receive in an accident caused by an uninsured driver, an underinsured driver, or a hit-and-run driver. (An underinsured driver carries insurance limits below those required by state law.) This coverage will cover bodily injury to any passengers in your car and may also cover earnings that you or your passengers lose as a result of the accident.

In some states, you can buy uninsured motorist coverage that will pay for property damage as well as bodily injury. But if you don't have this type of coverage, that's OK. Your collision coverage should cover your claim, regardless of who was at fault, once you've satisfied any deductible that applies.

Review your insurance policy and call your insurance agent to file a claim or get more information.